First impressions are everything, especially when it comes to the real estate market. If a buyer is not impressed with how your house looks from the street, they may not even get out of the car to take a look inside. Keep these tips in mind to ensure that your home’s curb appeal is the best it can be.
- Get a new door – entry doors are more important than you may think, and if your door is looking a little worn, it can be a huge turn off for buyers. Replacing your front door with a new steel door can bring up to a 102 percent return on your investment.
- Update your garage door – your garage door may be the first thing a potential buyer sees when they drive up to your home, so make sure that it looks nice. There are tons of options when it comes to garage door styles that will best fit the look of your house.
- Wash your windows – clean windows are one of the easiest ways to impress buyers. Hiring a professional to get your windows shining is well worth the money when listing your house.
- Clean your rain gutters – backed up rain gutters are not only an eye sore, but they can also lead to serious roof and wall damage. If any of your gutters are hanging a little low, make sure to reattach them.
- Paint – painting the outside of your house can make it look like a brand new property. Make sure to choose a neutral color that matches with the other houses on the block to appeal to the widest range of buyers.
- Light it up – buyers are sure to drive by your house at night to see what the neighborhood is like after the sun goes down. Make sure to keep a light on so that your house looks as good at night as it does in the day.
For all your Southern California real estate needs when selling your house, contact John & Michelle in Chino Hills.